Last week we posted a recipe that we created for Notcho Nocheez to showcase their product. This week we’re doing it again, because we love Notcho Nocheez! The featured recipe last week was for our Veggie Packed Mac & Nocheez, an entree dish, so this week we figured we’d highlight the product as a side dish or snack to showcase its versatility. Notcho Nocheez paired with your favorite salsa makes for an easy queso dip. This recipe is great if you need something in a pinch for a party. Just throw together some Nocheez, a jar of your favorite salsa, and a few other ingredients you probably already have on hand.
For those of you who didn’t read the Notcho Nocheez recipe we posted last week here’s the run down. Notcho Nocheez is a Pittsburgh based company that sells a deliciously dairy free cheese dip that’s available in three flavors; classic, tangy, and hot. They’re all amazing, and the variety of flavors adds versatility to the recipes you can use them for. Nocheez is great as a basic dip and spread, but it’s also a great replacement for dairy cheese in your favorite dishes. Try using it in a cheese sauce for mac & cheese, a cream sauce for other pasta, a sauce for a vegan Philly Cheesesteak, broccoli & cheese soup, or a queso dip like this recipe.
Notcho Nocheez is perfect for queso dip, because it’s already pretty close to the same texture. We added some oat milk to thin it out a little bit, but it’s definitely easier to use for queso dip than solid vegan cheese that you have to melt down. The jalapenos in this recipe are optional, but they add a nice punch of flavor and act as a great garnish. This recipe is enough dip for 2-4 people, but it’s easy to double for a larger party.
Quick and Easy Queso
You can use any flavor of the Notcho Nocheez for this recipe. We used the classic flavor with a medium salsa.
- 1/2 cup of Notcho Nocheez (about half the jar)
- 1/4 cup oatmilk
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp corn starch (optional)
- 2 tsp water (optional)
- Dice jalapeno. Cut a few rings if you want to use them as garnish.
- Heat olive oil in a small pot on low heat. Add jalapeno. Allow for jalapeno to toast for a minute to develop flavor before adding other ingredients.
- Add the Notcho Nocheez followed by the oat milk. Whisk together vigorously.
- Add salsa. Whisk together.
- Allow queso to simmer for about five minutes, stirring often.
- If the sauce is not thick enough create a slurry with the corn starch and water. Whisk into the queso, and allow to simmer until the dip starts to thicken up.
- Remove from heat and serve. Top with jalapeno rings if desired.