Grilling a burger might be self explanatory itself, but sometimes your burger game can get redundant. We want to keep bringing you fresh vegan recipes to add variety to your burger repertoire. The Grilled Pineapple Beyond Burger is a great combination of all the flavors. There’s the sweetness of the pineapple, the bitterness from the char, the umami and saltiness from the burger and the almond butter, the spiciness from the sriracha sauce, and some added freshness brought to you by some fresh butter lettuce.
Recently, when we haven’t been able to find fresh lettuce from our local farmers markets, or our garden, we’ve been purchasing living lettuce from the supermarket. If you’re not familiar, living lettuce is lettuce sold with the roots attached. It maintains it’s freshness for so much longer than traditional lettuce that’s harvested without the roots. Having fresh produce makes a huge difference in taste.
We served these burgers with a side of teriyaki grilled potatoes. They were a great flavor compliment to the pineapple, and sriracha sauce.
Grilled Pineapple Beyond Burger
- 2 tbsp almond or other nut butter
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 lb Beyond Beef
- 4-5 leaves of fresh butter lettuce
- 1 hamburger bun
- Form Beyond Beef into a patty. You can skip this step if you’ve bought the preformed burger patties.
- Cut pineapple ring, and wash and dry the lettuce. Set the lettuce off to the side.
- Grill Beyond Burger for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the pineapple slice to the grill halfway through the burger’s cook time. Flip after about 2 minutes.
- You can toast the bun on the grill for about a minute, if desired.
- Assemble the burger starting with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce on the bottom bun, then the butter lettuce, and the burger patty.
- Spread about 2 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter) on top of the burger. Nestle the pineapple into the almond butter.
- Add an additional drizzle of Sriracha sauce if you desire, and enjoy.