All of my life I’ve been a major sweet tooth. I love all dessert, especially chocolate. As we move through June and the temperature rises I find myself searching for lighter no-bake desserts. We recently created this simple three ingredient mousse to fulfill my chocolate cravings without heating up the kitchen.
This mousse is light and airy, but still feels indulgent with the richness of the chocolate. With only three ingredients it’s quick and easy to make, and easy to add your own flair to. Add your favorite nut butter, or sub fruit for chocolate. A strawberry mousse with fresh in season strawberries sounds incredibly refreshing, doesn’t it?
Three Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 1 block (12 oz) soft silken tofu
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, or baking chocolate
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or other preferred natural sweetener
- Add silken tofu and maple syrup into a blender, and blend until well integrated.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well in between cooking, so it does not burn.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted add it directly to the blender while it is still warm. Blend until fully integrated.
- Pour the blended mousse into three ramekans, juice glasses, or small jars.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Add your favorite fruit and non-dairy whipped cream before serving, if you desire.