We’ve been grilling a lot recently, and I wanted to share with you our recipe for grilled corn with herbed butter. It’s quick and easy to make and serves as a great side for pretty much anything.
We like to grill our corn with the husk still on, because it’s less wasteful than using aluminum foil. It also keeps your corn from drying out quite as much as if it’s placed directly on the grill with no covering. This is, of course, completely up to personal preference.
Grilled Corn With Herbed Butter
The amount of butter in this recipe is for one ear of corn. Add a tbsp for each additional ear.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, or olive oil if you prefer
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of McCormick Italian blend, or a pinch of oregano, basil, parsley, and rosemary
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- dash of salt and pepper
- Shuck the corn. If you want to cook it with some of the husk on don’t remove all of the leaves/husk, and peel them back so you can remove the silk.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl, and soften in the microwave until it is liquid.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, and emulsify with a whisk.
- Stir in the other seasonings.
- Using a basting brush apply butter mixture to the corn coating completely, and set butter aside to top after cooking.
- If you chose to leave the husk on roll them back up to cover the ear of corn. Grill for 15-20 minutes. The husk should start to char and peel back, and you should observe some nice grill marks on the exposed corn.
- Remove corn from the grill, and remove husk. Add more butter if desired, and enjoy.