This recipe is one of my favorite quick and easy dinners. The cheeseburger pizza is the perfect combination of two delicious crowd pleasing meals, and it’s sure to satisfy even your pickiest carnivore friends and family members. This recipe makes one pizza, but can easily be doubled.
Fresh dough is an important component of any good pizza. If you don’t want to make your own pizza dough you can find fresh dough at a lot of supermarkets like Trader Joe’s, or Whole Foods. I’d recommend the dough from Trader Joe’s if there is a store near you.
If you’re up to the task of making your own pizza dough you can use our quick and easy pizza dough.
Beyond Meat Cheeseburger Pizza
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ package of beyond meat
- 1 cup of vegan cheddar style shreds
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ small white onion, minced
- Hamburger sliced dill pickles
- Make sure you’ve thawed the Beyond Meat prior to cooking. Sautee the Beyond Meat in a skillet until it has just turned brown. You’ll want it to be slightly pink at this stage, so it doesn’t get dried out when you bake the pizza. Remove from heat.
- Dice the tomato, and mince half a white onion. If you didn’t purchase shredded lettuce you can cut a head of iceberg lettuce into thin slivers.
- Prebake your crust. Once the crust is prebaked you can start to top it.
- Spread out about ¼ cup of ketchup, and a tablespoon of yellow mustard on the crust.
- Sprinkle about half of the vegan cheddar style shreds on top. We’ve used Daiya, Follow your Heart, and Whole Foods 365 store brand before and they all work fine for this pizza. Your choice of shreds is completely up to your own personal preference.
- Top with the Beyond Meat, tomato, onion, and pickles to taste. Sprinkle the remaining shreds on top of the pizza.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees, and then remove to top with the shredded lettuce. At this time you can top with an additional swirl of ketchup and mustard if you’d like for aesthetic and an added pop of flavor. Place the pizza back in the oven for another two minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes, and then cut into desired number of slices. Enjoy.